Crispy Mexican Fish Tacos
Let’s Taco about Tacos! In an ideal world we’d eat tacos every day. This version of the taco is filled with crispy fish and a super fresh slaw made from all sorts of goodness. Smother this is garlic butter mayo and you have a sharing platter of tacos that is not really for sharing.
We don’t share tacos.
- 2 Fillets Haddock cut into goujons - we got ours from local seafood co, Amity Fish, who deliver across the UK.
For the batter
- 1 Cup self-raising flour
- 1 Cup plain flour
- 2 Tsp corn flour
- 1 Cup Plain flour for initial coating
- 2 Tsp A&O Mexican Seasoning
- Enough cold water to make a consistency like thick double cream.
- ½ Green/white cabbage
- ¼ Red Cabbage
- 1 Small can Sweet corn
- 5 x Padron peppers
- 1 x Red Bell pepper
- 50g pack Coriander leaf
- 2 x Limes, juiced
- Salt and pepper to season. 1 tsp Olive oil.
Garlic Butter Mayo
- A&O Garlic Butter Seasoning
- Slice the haddock fillet into goujons about 3-inch long and place into a bowl of plain flour seasoned with Mexican rub (1 cup flour and 2 tsp Mexican rub), and coat the fish well.
- Set up a big bowl and add the plain and self-raising flours with the corn flour. Add in some cold water and whisk until the consistency is similar to double cream.
- Heat the fryer to 170c and dredge the fish into the batter. Fry until golden.
- Make the slaw by finely shredding the ingredients. Use a mandolin if you have one but watch those fingers!
- Mix the finely shredded ingredients together with lime juice
- To 1 cup mayonnaise add 2 tsp A&O Garlic Butter rub and mix thoroughly.
- Warm the tacos, add the fried fish and slaw. Dip the taco in the garlic butter and salivate down your entire face.
- Want more tacos.