It couldn't be easier to make your own hummus at home, and quite often it's cheaper - and always much tastier, than the shop bought versions.
- 1 can or carton of quality chickpeas - drained
- 1 tablespoon Ras El Hanout seasoning
- 2 tablespoons natural yoghurt (this can be full fat or fat free)
- juice of half a lemon
- drizzle of extra virgin olive oil
- Place all the ingredients into a blender and blitz until smooth, or if you prefer if chunky, less time blending.
- Add more yoghurt and lemon juice if you want it a bit softer, and for an even creamier texture, remove the skins of the chickpeas before blending.
- Spoon out into a bowl, drizzle with a little oil, a sprinkle of Harissa Seasoning, and serve with our homemade Turkish Flatbreads!