Chicken & Prawn Jambalaya
Jambalaya is possibly the greatest one pot dish of comfort food ever created and is loaded with juicy chicken, sausage, prawns, and the every so slightly creamy Arborio risotto rice. The Cajun seasoning mix is packed with high quality and traditional herbs and spices used in Creole cooking and seasons the dish beautifully.
If you’re looking for incredibly tasty comfort food, this is the one for you and will guarantee to please all the family.
Cooking Time: 40 minutes
- 500g Boneless chicken thighs, cut into bite sized chunks.
- 500g Prawns/Shrimps
- 300g Andouille Sausage (use spicy chorizo as an alternative), sliced into rounds.
- 350g Arborio Rice
- 200g frozen peas
- 2 pint Chicken Stock
- 2 tbsp Angus & Oink Cajun Rub
- 1 tbsp Henderson’s Relish
- 4 celery stalks, chopped
- 4 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 2 Bell Peppers, diced
- 2 tbsp Tomato Purée
- Olive oil
- Spring onions, sliced to garnish
- Pour 2 tbsp olive oil into a large pan and place of over a medium heat. Add the chicken and sausage to the pan and brown all over. Once cooked, transfer the meat to a dish and place to one side.
- Add the onion, celery and bell peppers to the oil and sauté for around 5 minutes. Stir in the garlic and cook for 30 seconds before adding the rice.
- Return the chicken and sausage to the pan then stir in the , peas, tomato purée, Henderson’s relish and the Angus & Oink Cajun seasoning. Mix everything together then slowly pour in the chicken stock.
- Bring to a quick boil then reduce to a low heat and let the dish simmer for around 25 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Place the prawns/shrimp on top and let them cook for around 5 minutes until pink.
- Taste the jambalaya and add more Cajun seasoning if required.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and stir in sliced spring onions before serving.
- Eat immediately and enjoy.