Lemon Pepper Pork Stuffing Balls
• 40g Unsalted butter
• 1 large onion, finely chopped
• 700g/1lb 9oz pork sausage meat
• 150g/5½oz fresh white breadcrumbs
• 1 large unwaxed lemon, juice and finely grated zest
• 3 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
• 1 tbsp chopped fresh sage
• 100g dried cranberries
• 15g Angus & Oink Lemon Pepper Seasoning
• 12 rashers Streaky bacon
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over a medium heat, add the onion and fry gently for 8-10 minutes, or until softened.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients except the sausage meat and stand for 15 minutes to allow the breadcrumbs to absorb the lemon juice.
- Once the onion has cooled, combine with the sausage meat and the breadcrumb mixture. Using wet hands, form into golf ball sized balls. Cut each bacon rasher in half lengthways and wrap each ball using 1 half rasher per ball. Place on a lightly greased baking tray lightly covered with clingfilm and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes, or overnight if making ahead.
- Preheat the oven to 200C/180C Fan/Gas 6.
- If there is room, place them in the same roasting tray as the turkey or on another shelf. Bake for 20–25 minutes, or until cooked through.