Sri Lankan Butternut Squash & Cauliflower Curry
There is nothing better than a simple one pot dish and this banging Squash & Cauliflower Curry is enhanced by robust flavours in the Sri Lankan Spice Rub.
Perfect if you are looking for a healthy meat free alternative that will get those tastebuds dancing. Maximum flavour zero fuss, what’s not to love?
Serves 4 – Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 800g Butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- 400g Cauliflower
- 1 Brown Onion, sliced
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 250ml Vegetable Stock
- 200g Chopped Kale
- 50g Fresh Coriander, chopped
- 1 tbsp A&O Sri Lankan Rub
- Red Chilli, finely chopped (optional)
- Vegetable Oil
- Peel, deseed and cube the butternut squash into large chunks. Break apart the cauliflower into florets and place to one side.
- Heat a large pot/dutch oven over a medium heat and add 1 tbsp vegetable oil. Transfer sliced onion to the pan and gently soften. Add the butternut squash and pan fry for around 10 minutes.
- Add vegetable stock and coconut milk to the pot, cover with a lid and simmer for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, add the cauliflower florets and kale to the pan, stir occasionally and cook with the lid off for a further 15 minutes.
- Once cooked and the squash is soft, remove from heat and stir in chopped coriander.
- Serve hot with sides of choices.
*If you like it extra hot, simply add chopped fresh chillies to the curry and stir through.