Chinese Style Crispy Chilli Beef
This dish is perfect for a Saturday night fakeaway at home. It's easy and quick to make plus it tastes delicious.
Thin strips of British beef are seasoned in A&O Salt & Pepper Chilli rub which adds subtle and traditional flavours from the Orient, then coated in a sticky chilli sauce.
It’s cheaper than your local takeaway, healthier and tastes way better, get on it!
Cooking time: 25 minutes
- 600g Minute Steak, sliced thin
- 1 Large Brown Onion, sliced
- 1 Bell Pepper, roughly chopped
- 2 Tbsp Angus & Oink Salt & Pepper Chilli Rub
- 2 Garlic Cloves, grated
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 Cup Cornflour
- Vegetable oil
- Sesame seeds to Garnish
- 2 tbsp Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Light Soy
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 2 tbsp Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tbsp Angus & Oink Salt & Pepper Chilli Rub
- Cut the minute steaks into thin strips and season with A&O Salt & Pepper Chilli Rub. Pop them in a freezer bag and refrigerate for an hour to marinade.
- To make the sauce, add all of the ingredients to a jug and mix together. Place to one side until you are ready to use the sauce.
- Remove steaks from fridge and pour in two beaten eggs. Mix by hand, ensuring the beef strips are evenly coated. Add one cup Cornflour to the meat and ensure the strips are thoroughly coated, forming a sticky paste.
- Pour 2 tbsp oil to a hot wok or frying pan and fry the strips of beef in batches for a couple of minutes. Remove from oil and leave to drain on some kitchen roll to absorb excess oil. Discard leftover oil and transfer the onions and peppers to the same pan.
- Let the vegetables soften for a couple of minutes before adding ginger and garlic. Add the fried beef to the pan, followed by the sauce. Stir everything together for a couple of minutes then serve hot.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and serve with sides of choice.