Crispy Shredded Salt & Pepper Chicken
400g Chicken Breasts, sliced thin
1 bell pepper, cubed
3 spring onions, sliced.
1 Medium Brown Onion, roughly chopped
200g corn flour
1 egg, beaten
Sesame Seeds/Sliced Spring Onion to garnish
150ml light soy sauce
1 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp clear honey
1 tsp Chilli Paste
- To make the sauce, simply add all of the ingredients to a food processor/ nutri bullet and blend together. Place to one side until required.
- Chop the onion and pepper then place to one side.
- Place the chicken breasts onto a chopping board and slice them into thin strips. Transfer the meat to a bowl and season with Angus & Oink Salt & Pepper Chilli Rub.
- Beat one egg and transfer it to the bowl that holds the chicken. Mix together by hand to ensure the chicken is well coated.
- Add cornflour to the bowl and toss the chicken through it.
- Preheat the Vortex Air Fry to 180c using the air fry setting and pour 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the basket.
- Lay the chicken strips in the basket and place the onions and peppers on top. Insert the basket and cook for 15 minutes.
- Keep an eye on the chicken and 5 minutes, remove the basket and give the chicken and vegetables a shake. After 15 minutes, pour in the sauce and mix everything together then cook for a further 5 minutes.
- Pour into a bowl, garnish with sliced spring onions and sesame seeds.
- Serve immediately with rice or noodles.
For this recipe we used the Vortex 4-in-1 Air Fryer*
*Use code ANGUSOINK for 10% discount valid on all website products