Glazed Thai Chicken by Kevin Edge//Edge_BBQ
This beautiful dish was created by our Brand Ambassador Kevin Edge
- 400ml Can coconut milk
- 3 heaped tbsp of Rub You Long Time
- 4 Kaffir Lime Leaves
- 4 chicken breasts
- 3 Nests of Medium egg noodles
- 1 tsp of Rub You Long Time
- 1 egg
- Toasted peanuts
- Sliced spring onion
- Sliced red Chilli
- Drizzle of Indonesian BBQ Sauce
- Empty the tin of coconut milk, rip up the lime leaves and put 3 heaped tablespoons of rub you long time into a large zip lock bag and give it a good shake. Chuck in the chicken, give it a massage so the chicken is all well covered and leave in the fridge for 24 hours to marinade.
- Set up your BBQ so you have a direct and indirect zone. Place the chicken direct on the coals for a few minutes each side and get a nice bit of char.
- Move the chicken to the indirect side and brush over remaining marinade turning frequently and repeating this process until the chicken is fully cooked and layers of glaze have fully set.
- Meanwhile, pour boiling water over the egg noodles and allow to stand in line with packet instructions.
- Place a large flat bottomed frying pan over your bbq coals adding a little oil. Beat the egg and mix in a teaspoon of rub you long time.
- Drain the noodles and drizzle the egg mixture over, stirring to combine.
- Using tongs, place a quarter of you noodle mixture into the pan in rough circle shapes and press down firmly for 10 seconds. Repeat 3 more times.
- Once your noodle cake has set and browned on one side (1-2 mins) flip and press down for 10 seconds again. Cook for another 1-2 mins until egg has fully cooked and the noodles have slightly browned.
- Serve by topping the noodles with the toasted peanuts, then with the sliced chicken breast. Sprinkle the chilli and spring onion on top and drizzle with Indonesian BBQ sauce.