Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
A delicious fragrant curry bursting with flavours that's quick and easy to make on the BBQ or hob from Sue!
- 6 - 8 Chicken Thighs (I used skin on)
- Sri Lankan curry Powder
- Olive oil
- 2 red onions, sliced
- Half a red pepper, sliced
- Half a green pepper, sliced
- Half of a block of Creamed Coconut mixed with 200ml of boiling water
- 1 Tin of chopped tomatoes
- Coriander to garnish
- Sprinkle the Chicken Thighs with Sri Lankan Curry Powder
- Take a large heavy based pan & sauté the onions in olive oil for about ten minutes until starting to soften, then add 2 tbsp of Sri Lankan Curry Powder to release the natural spice oils.
- While these are softening, grill the chicken thighs directly over the coals, skin side down first to get them nice and crispy.
- Add in the sliced peppers to the pan, combine well with the onions and and cook for a further ten minutes.
- Pour in in the coconut cream and water mix, and the chopped tomatoes, stir well allowing all the flavours to mingle.
- Keep the pan on a low simmer, and when the Chicken Thighs are cooked, add them to the pan and sprinkle with chopped coriander.
- Serve with fluffy white rice or naan bread, and mango chutney.