Bengali Bean Stew
If you love a vegetarian curry in a hurry then this Bengali Bean Stew is an absolute game changer thanks to the rich Indian Spices used in the A&O Gosht Seasoning.
Full of hearty beans, spinach and kale, this recipe makes for a banging healthy meal that is packed with flavour and is in your belly within 20 minutes.
Serve on it’s own or with some rice or naan to soak up the sauce, beautiful.
Serves 2 / Cooking Time 20 minutes
- 400g Butter Beans
- 400g Kala Chana
- 400ml Coconut Milk
- 250ml Chicken or Vegetable Stock
- 2 tbsp* Angus & Oink Bengali Gosht Seasoning
- 1 onion, sliced
- 75g Spinach
- 50g Kale, chopped
- Fresh Coriander for garnish
- 1 Red Chilli, sliced (optional)
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Place your pan over a medium heat and add the oil.
- Slice the onion and transfer to the pan, allow them to soften for 5 minutes.
- Drain the Kala Chana and Butter Beans, add to the onions, then add the Bengali Curry Powder giving everything a good mix together.
- Pour in the Coconut milk and stock, stir and leave it to simmer for 15 minutes or until reduced.
- Once cooked stir in the kale and spinach then cover, allowing them to wilt.
- Spoon the stew into bowls and garnish with coriander and chillies, and some crusty bread.
- Serve hot!
2 tbsp of the seasoning gives a nice mild warming heat so if you like it stronger, up the dosage.