Char Sui Pork Chow Mein
Our ambassador Keith has developed this delicious new recipe that's worthy of the weekly meal planner.
Kick off the Chinese New Year with this delicious Char Sui Chow Mein. Strips of Char Sui Pork, tender broccoli and oodles of noodles are coated in a rich soy and oyster sauce, creating a real mouthwatering dish.
Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- 400g Pork Loin, Belly or Chops
- 300g Broccoli Florets
- 250g Egg Noodles
- 250g Chestnut Mushrooms, sliced
- Angus & Oink Char Sui Rub
- 4 tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 4 tbsp Light Soy Sauce
- 2 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- Sesame Oil
- *(Spring Onions/Sesame Seeds to Garnish) Optional
- Season your pork with Angus & Oink Char Sui rub and let it marinade in the fridge for 1 hour minimum. Remove pork from fridge and grill the pork until cooked, allowing for a little char to develop. Cut the pork into strips and place to one side.
- Fill two pans with water and bring them to boil boil. Place the egg noodles in one and the broccoli florets in the other. Cook them both for 5 minutes then drain and place to one side. Toss the noodles through with some sesame oil to prevent them for sticking.
- Place a wok over a high heat and add 2 tbsp sesame oil. Add the broccoli, garlic and ginger and move everything around for 30 seconds. Throw in the pork, mushrooms and noodles, soy sauce and oyster sauce, mix everything together.
- Reduce the heat and let the noodles gently simmer for a few minutes, adding a splash of water if required. (Garnish with sesame seeds or spring onions if you like).
- Serve hot, eat immediately.