Crispy Shredded Honey Chilli Chicken
Winner Winner Honey Chilli Chicken Dinner. The A&O Honey Chilli seasoning has the perfect blend of spices for this epic Chinese Fakeaway dish. Strips of crispy chicken and crunchy peppers are loaded with flavour and this recipe with leave you craving more.Serves 4
Prep Time:1 Hour
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- 700g Chicken Breast, sliced thin
- 50g Baking Powder
- 50g Cornflour
- 3 Tbsp Angus & Oink Honey Chilli Rub
- 2 Bell Peppers (Green & Red), roughly chopped
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- 1 Brown Onion, sliced
- 1 tbsp Fresh Ginger, grated
- Vegetable Oil
- Sesame Seeds
For the sauce:
- 4 tbsp Soy Sauce
- 4 tbsp Runny Honey
- 4 Tbsp Tomato Ketchup
- 2 tbsp Angus & Oink Honey Chilli Rub
- 1 tbsp water
- Lay the chicken breasts on a flat surface and slice into the thinnest strips possible. Place in a freezer bag and add 1 tbsp Honey Chilli Seasoning, toss together then place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinade.
- To make the sauce, simply add the ingredients to a jug and stir. Place to one side until you are ready to use.
- Remove chicken from fridge and pour baking powder and cornflour into the bag. Toss the chicken to ensure an even coat. Pour one inch of vegetable oil into a wok or deep pan and bring it to 165c. Fry the chicken strips in batches for a couple of minutes then transfer to some kitchen roll to remove excess oil.
- Discard most of the oil then return the pan/wok to the stove. Add the chopped peppers, onion to the pan and fry them up for 5 minutes before adding ginger and garlic. Return the chicken to the pan and stir in the sauce, ensure the chicken is evenly coated.
- Sprinkle sesame seeds on top and serve hot with sides of choice.