Greek Halloumi & Orzo
This Greek inspired halloumi dish transported Rebecca at Rebecca's Cookery straight to Greece!
Full of oregano and garlic, the Mediterranean flavours are delicious and this dish is made in 30 minutes, ideal for a vegetarian weeknight dinner for all the family.
Total Cooking Time
Ingredients (Serves 2)
600ml Vegetable stock pot
1 Red pepper (deseeded and halved)
1 handful Black Greek olives (sliced)
225g Halloumi (thickly sliced)
1 handful Rocket to serve
- Pre heat the oven to 180 (fan). Put the red pepper onto a baking tray, season with salt & pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile prepare the halloumi, cut into thick slices and coat both sides evenly of the halloumi with the Greek seasoning.
- Add the 600ml vegetable stock pot to a pan with the orzo, bring to a boil then reduce to a simmer. Continue to simmer for around 8-9 minutes until cooked through. If it gets dry add a little water to the pan.
- Now make a start to grilling the halloumi, I use a grill pan but you can use a frying pan. Add a little olive oil and add the halloumi to the pan on a high heat. Grill on both sides until golden.
- The orzo should be ready now, remove the red pepper from the oven and cut into slices. Add the roasted red pepper and olives to the orzo and mix through.
- Plate the orzo, top with a handful of rocket and the grilled halloumi and enjoy!