Honey Chilli Peanuts
Bill's been busy creating more delicious nutty-nibbles and this time it's that sweet, spicy, salty combination we can't get enough of. Easy to make and well worth the effort, especially alongside a chilled beverage...!
400g salted peanuts
150ml runny honey
3 tsp Honey Chilli Rub
for extra kick, add 2 tsp of Hot n Hostile
100g granulated sugar
- Heat the runny honey in a large bowl until it starts to bubble - 30 or 40 seconds in a microwave for ease or in a pot / pan on the hob or bbq.
- Add 400g of salted peanuts, the seasonings and 25g of the sugar, mixing well to ensure an even coating.
- Tip onto a lined baking tray being careful to ensure the nuts are spread evenly in one layer, and roast for 10-15 minutes at 150c.
- This recipe has plenty of sugars so be careful not to burn your nuts, they can go from golden caramel brown to burnt in a matter of seconds.
- Once the nuts have a golden brown sheen remove and allow to cool for 3 minutes.
- Place in a large bowl, adding the remaining 75g of sugar and mix your nuts vigorously.
- Spread out on a lined baking sheet and allow to cool, then break up any nuts that have stuck together.
- Taste and feel free to add more spice to your own taste preferences.
- Once fully cooled store in an air tight container.
These nuts make for a delicious gift, just decant into a decorated mason jar for family and friends - yum!