Mexican Devilled Eggs
These tasty little morsels are the ideal finger food for parties or as light snack, especially for those of us looking to up the protein levels.
Bursting with flavour, these boiled eggs are packed with a vibrant zingy filling, and dusted with Jalapeño Pretzel crumb, and finished with a gentle drizzle of our Phat Taco sauce. These are addictive, and makes a real impact in place of bog-standard egg mayo sandwiches for lunch.
- 6 large free-range eggs
- 100ml Mayonnaise
- 100ml Sour Crème
- Juice of ½ Lime
- 1 tbsp Angus & Oink Mexican Rub
- Angus & Oink Phat Taco Sauce
- 50g Munchkins Jalapeño Pretzels
- Red Chilli, sliced thinly
- Fresh Coriander
- Place the 6 eggs in a pan of cold water and bring to the boil, boil for 6 minutes then rinse under cold running water.
- Peel the eggs then cut them in half lengthways.
- Scoop out the hard yolk and transfer them to a bowl along with mayonnaise and soured cream.
- Combine the mixture with a fork, add the lime juice and season with A&O Mexican Rub.
- Lay the egg whites on a tray then spoon, or pipe, the mix into the yolk cavity.
- Pour the Jalapeño Pretzels into a blender and blitz into a fine crumb and sieve the crumb over the eggs and add drizzle with a drop of our Smokey Chipotle Phat Taco sauce.
- Garnish with sliced chillies and fresh coriander before serving.