Spicy Mexican Sausage Rolls
Our friend Rebecca of Rebecca's Cookery has created some mouth-watering, tongue tingling, epic served warm from the oven, Spicy Mexican Sausage Rolls. Take our advice, grab your Juan More Rub and make them.
Total Cooking Time
Ingredients (makes 16 dependant on size)
400g Butcher's Pork sausages
1 Red pepper
375g Ready to roll puff pastry
50g Chilli cheese
1 Large egg
1 tbsp Milk
Black onion seeds
- Pre heat the oven to 180 (fan).
- Halve the red pepper and place on a baking tray with a little olive oil and seasoning. Roast in the oven for 30 minutes and set aside to cool completely.
- Remove the sausage meat from the skins, put the sausage meat into a large mixing bowl along with the Mexican seasoning, salt & pepper. Using a fork mash down and mix well to combine the seasoning, now set aside. I left the sausage meat marinating in the seasoning for a couple of hours before baking but if you don't have time no problem. Once cooled cut the red pepper into small chunks and add to the sausage meat.
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured surface into a large rectangle and half lengthways into two rectangles.
- Line one side of each of the rectangles with the sausage meat, mix the egg and the milk and brush the edges of the pastry. Fold the pastry over the sausage meat and using your thumb seal the edges and then cut into individual sausage rolls.
- Place the sausage rolls onto a baking tray (lined with baking paper) and brush each sausage roll with the rest of the egg wash. Sprinkle with onion seeds & chilli cheese and bake for 25 minutes until golden. Serve with salsa dip and enjoy!