Tandoori Chicken with Spiced Onions
If you are looking for an epic curry that packs serious flavour with minimal fuss then the Tandoori Tikka Gold seasoning is the one for you. The blend of Indian Spices work best with chicken that marinade overnight and then grilled over coals for the authentic smokey char but just as good in the oven. Why not add some spiced onions to your dish using the Bengali Gosht Seasoning to get those tastebuds dancing. Absolutely banging.
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 8 Chicken thighs/drumsticks
- 3 TBSP Angus & Oink Tandoori Tikka Gold Seasoning
- 500ml Natural Yoghurt
- Juice of two lemons
- 250g Pilau Rice
- 1 Brown Onion, sliced
- 1 Tbsp Bengali Gosht Seasoning
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- Make small cuts across the chicken and place the thighs and/or drumsticks in a freezer bag. Add the Tandoori Tikka Gold Seasoning and toss the chicken to ensure an even coat then add the lemon juice and yoghurt. Place in the fridge and marinade for at least 6 hours, overnight if possible.
- Remove chicken from fridge and place on a wire rack. Once cooked, serve immediately;
- *If cooking in the oven, preheat oven to 180c and cook for 30 minutes then finish under a hot grill for 10 minutes to develop the char.
- *If cooking over coals, cook until juices run clear and internal temp is around 80c.
- - To make the spiced onions, simply slice one onion and add them to a pan with some vegetable oil and fry over a low heat until the onions turn translucent. Add the juice of half a lemon to the onions and season with Bengali Gosht Seasoning, stir everything together and remove from heat.
- Cook rice as per guidelines on the pack, and serve hot with sides of choice like a fresh naan bread and some raiti.