Creamy Garlic Butter Brussel Sprouts with Bacon
After you’ve tried this highly addictive side dish, you won’t want to eat sprouts any other way!
Creamy Garlic & Herb Brussel Sprouts
Rated 3.7 stars by 3 users
- 220g Dry cure streaky bacon
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1kg Brussel sprouts, washed, trimmed and cut in half
- Salt & pepper
3 tsp A&O Garlic Butter seasoning
- 400ml double cream
- 1 tbsp Parmesan, grated
- 1 tbsp flat leaf parsley, finely chopped
- Gruyère cheese (optional)
- Fry the bacon in a large (30cm) frying pan until crispy. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon and set aside, leaving the rendered bacon fat in the pan.
- Add the butter to the pan and, when melted, add the sprouts and cook over a medium heat for about 10 minutes, stirring frequently. Add a little splash of water and cover the pan with a lid, if you have one, or a piece of foil. Cook for 5 more minutes or until the sprouts are just tender.
- Add 3 tsp of A&O Garlic Butter seasoning, add the bacon, pour in the cream and stir well. Reduce the heat to low and simmer with the lid off for a couple of minutes until the cream has thickened slightly.
- Optional - Sprinkle over some grated Gruyère cheese and bake in a hot oven for about 2 minutes until the cheese is melted and bubbly.
- Sprinkle over the parmesan and fresh chopped parsley to serve.