Harissa Roasted Pumpkin Hummus
A super creamy and easy Hummus made with roasted pumpkin sprinkled in our Harissa seasoning, one of our Seasonings in the Spotlight!
You will need:
- approx. 500g Pumpkin flesh, roasted
- 1 Tin chickpeas, drained
- 3 Tablespoons natural yoghurt,
- Juice of half a lemon,
- Harissa Seasoning
- good glug of olive oil.
What to do:
- Drizzle wedges of Pumpkin, leaving the skin on, with olive oil and sprinkle with the Harissa seasoning.
- Roast for 45 mins in your bbq or oven (at 160C), or until soft.
- Remove skin & place Pumpkin flesh into a food processor together with the tin of chickpeas, salt & pepper, lemon juice & 2 more teaspoons of Harissa seasoning.
- Blend well, either leaving it a bit chunky or until velvety smooth. Taste, and check for seasoning and pour into a serving dish, drizzle with olive oil and a final shake of harissa.
- Serve with cheese straws, or flatbreads for dunking. Just as delicious served with our A&O style Bread Sticks.
- Don't throw out the seeds from the Pumpkin! Give them a good wash and dry, then roast for 15 mins in the pan you roasted the Pumpkin in stirring occasionally for a tasty snack!