This awesome recipe comes from our Brand Ambassador Kevin Edge!
Have you ever tried shakshuka? In Kevin's recipe, he uses our Harissa Seasoning, and gently poached eggs in a spicy, spinach-flecked tomato sauce for a nourishing, delicious breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
• 2 tablespoons + 1 teaspoon Ras El Hanout Kickin Harissa rub
• 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
• 1 chopped white onion
• 1 red pepper, de-seeded and diced
• 3 garlic cloves, minced
• 1 400g can crushed tomatoes
• 1 handful fresh spinach, roughly chopped
• 3 eggs
• 60g crumbled feta cheese
• 20g fresh parsley leaves chopped
• 1 avocado, diced
• Toasted bread, for serving
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet. Add the onion and red pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of Ras El Hanout rub. Stir and let cook for about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Make 3 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs, cooking until the eggs are set (5 to 8 minutes depending on how runny you like yours).
- Season eggs with 1 teaspoon of Ras El Hanout and sprinkle with feta, parsley and avocado.
- Serve with toasted bread for dunking and scooping.
Perfect dish with wonderful flavours – ideal for brekkie, brunch, lunch or dinner. Also a great way to use up ingredients at the bottom of your fridge. Yum.