This awesome recipe comes from our Brand Ambassador Kevin Edge!
Have you ever tried shakshuka? In Kevin's recipe, he uses our Harissa Seasoning, and gently poached eggs in a spicy, spinach-flecked tomato sauce for a nourishing, delicious breakfast, brunch or even dinner.
- Heat the oil over medium heat in a large cast-iron skillet. Add the onion and red pepper and cook until the onion is soft and translucent, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to medium-low and add the garlic and 2 tablespoons of Ras El Hanout rub. Stir and let cook for about 30 seconds, then add the tomatoes. Simmer for 15 minutes until the sauce is thickened.
- Add the spinach and stir until wilted.
- Make 3 wells in the sauce and crack in the eggs, cooking until the eggs are set (5 to 8 minutes depending on how runny you like yours).
- Season eggs with 1 teaspoon of Ras El Hanout and sprinkle with feta, parsley and avocado.
- Serve with toasted bread for dunking and scooping.