Sri Lankan Chicken Curry
SRI LANKAN CHICKEN CURRY
THIS IS AN EASY FAMILY FAVOURITE OF OURS THAT PACKS FLAVOUR AND CAN EASILY BE TWEAKED FOR EVERYONES SPICE LEVELS
700g boneless skinless chicken thighs cut into pieces
1 onion diced
4 garlic cloves minced
1inch fresh garlic grated
3 tomato’s quartered
1 can coconut milk
200ml chicken stock
- In a hot pan cooked your onions until softened the add the garlic and ginger
- After a few minutes add the tomato quarters and cook them until they soften and let out their juices
- Add a generous sprinkle of Sri Lankan rub and mix to coat all the veg.
- Pour in your tin of coconut milk and stock and give it all a good stir
- Once it has come to a boil taste and add more rub if necessary and add your chicken pieces give a good stir and cover the pan and turn heat to low.
- After 20 mins your chicken should be well on its way to being cooked (75c) remove lid and bring to a simmer to thicken the sauce, use cornflour if necessary to thicken quicker.
- Serve with rice and or naan breads and enjoy