Sri Lankan Spiced Squash Soup
Keith Cooks takes your soup making skills up a notch using the A&O Sri Lankan Rub with this delicious Spiced Squash Soup Recipe.
The deep Sri Lankan spices compliment the creaminess of the roasted butternut squash and coconut milk, garnished with fresh chillies for some extra heat and voila, you have a comforting bowl of happiness.
You can even roast and purée the squash in advance and store it in an airtight container in the fridge for a few days, making meal times that little bit easier.
Serves 4 / Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 1-1.5kg Butternut Squash
- 650ml Coconut Milk
- 2 tbsp Angus & Oink Sri Lankan Curry Seasoning
- 100g Fresh Coriander, finely chopped
- 1 red chilli, diced (optional)
- Preheat oven to 200c
- Cut the squash in half and scoop out seeds, then place in a roasting tin skin side up, into the oven and roast for 45 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove from oven and scoop out the flesh, transferring it to a saucepan.
- Discard any seeds and mash the flesh to make a smooth purée.
- Pour in coconut milk and stir in the Angus & Oink Sri Lankan seasoning, then simmer over a medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Just before serving, stir in freshly chopped coriander and garnish with fresh diced chillies for some extra heat (optional).